We are looking for activity leaders for Queer Hangout with RFSL
Are you creative, social and enjoy meeting new people? Are you passionate about improving quality of life for LGBTQI people? Do you want to help create queer evenings in Stockholm? 🏳️🌈
Are you interested? 😊 Apply via this form.
About RFSL Stockholm:
RFSL Stockholm is a non-profit organisation that works for an equal world where the human rights of all LGBTQI-identified people are respected and no one is left out. As RFSL’s largest local membership, we have many exciting projects and member groups that meet regularly on our premises.
What is Queer Night?
Queer Hangout at RFSL is RFSL Stockholm’s new meeting place where all adults under the LGBTQI umbrella can meet and participate in meaningful and enjoyable activities in an alcohol-free environment.
Starting in mid-September, RFSL Stockholm will be open on Tuesday evenings, as well as one weekend day a month for coffee and activities. These events are for all LGBTQI people in the Stockholm area. To help organise our meetings, we are now looking for activity leaders who want to help us create and lead these evenings!
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for people who are creative, social, and passionate about improving the quality of life for LGBTQI people. As a volunteer with us, you have the opportunity to make a difference by creating a context many people want and need. We welcome applicants with different experiences and backgrounds and value diversity in all forms.
The assignment also involves some practical tasks such as the following:
- Planning and implementing varied activities to suit different types of people: Activities may include board game nights, speed-friending, guest speakers, workshops, etc.
- Preparing and setting out coffee/fika and cleaning up in the kitchen and after the activities.
- To act as a leader and motivate engagement in the activities, and answer practical questions from visitors.
- Take notes and document the evening’s events.
- Help spread information about upcoming activities via social media.
- You speak more languages than English or Swedish.
- You are used to meeting people in different life situations and are comfortable working in a multicultural context.
- You have an ability to inspire trust and participation.
- You have an understanding of anti-racist, feminist and intersectional perspectives.
- This assignment is completely voluntary so there will be no remuneration.
- To volunteer at RFSL Stockholm you need to be a member of our organisation.
- In order to be a volunteer with us, you need to be able to provide a criminal record check.
- You need to be 18 years or older.
- You share RFSL’s vision on human rights, equal treatment and diversity.
What do we offer?
- As a volunteer with us, you get to be a part of a wonderful community!
- You get to be involved in creating and designing queer evenings.
- You contribute to creating a society where there are more social contexts for LGBTQI people to express themselves.
- You will take part in a rewarding volunteer training programme at the beginning of your assignment.