RFSL Stockholm Newcomers is looking for volunteers!
RFSL Newcomers Stockholm is a members group within RFSL Stockholm for LGBTQI-people who are or have been seeking asylum or are new in Sweden. We are organizing many different activities, partly financed by Länsstyrelsen Stockholm. For example outdoor and sport activities, job search support, Swedish classes and language café. We also have a culture/art group and support groups.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are now looking for engaged and structured volunteers who can help us facilitate different sorts of Newcomers activities, events and workshops. Different experiences and knowledge are needed for different types of activities. Most volunteer positions are not paid, but some are.
WHO ARE YOU?
Preferably you are someone who:
- Has knowledge/experience and interest in working within the lgbtqi-community and with asylum seekers rights and are willing to stand up against racism and lgbtqi-phobia from a supportive position. A merit is experience in facilitating safe spaces for groups with various cultural backgrounds, and in thinking outside of the white European cisgender/heteronormative framework.
- Has good practical knowledge when it comes to organizing meetings and events, like planning and preparing fika, cleaning, making sure people have a nice time etc.
- Has knowledge/experience and interest in art forms such as creative writing, photography, theatre or performance. Or sport activities such as teaching swimming.
- Some positions, but not all, require that you have good knowledge in Swedish language and teaching experience. We are specifically looking for people with experience in teaching Swedish or hosting Swedish language cafés.
- Some positions, but not all, require that you have good knowledge about the Swedish labour market and experience in seeking jobs in Sweden or working with job seekers. A merit is a network within for example the restaurant industry or other areas of work where you can work with beginners Swedish language skills.
HOW DO YOU APPLY?
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (latest the 16th of february) containing your CV (if you have any) and the most important the answers to these two questions:
- Why do you want to become a volunteer for RFSL Stockholm Newcomers?
- What knowledge and/or experience do you have that you think might be useful within our activities?
Due to corona we have a limited number of volunteer training places. The volunteer training will take place during two evenings, Wednesday and Thursday (23 and 24 of February 2022). Looking forward to your email!